**** Update on where to find Tennis Handouts- - - Click on Media, then documents
DONATIONS: THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT HAS GIVEN US GATORADE AND/OR SNACK DONATIONS FOR OUR TENNIS PLAYERS. WE HAVE LONG DAYS WHEN WE PLAY IN DISTRICT MATCHES AND TOURNAMENTS. THE PLAYERS REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR DONATIONS.*. Parents may donate snacks or gatorade to Coach Johnson or Coach Martinez at any time. These items are for our players between their matches on scheduled match days. LOCATION DROP OFF – (LHS Harmon Campus – 1250 WEST ROUND GROVE ROAD, LEWISVILLE, TEXAS. 75077)
* See below under “” and “” for daily updates.*
POSTED OCT 19 8:45PM -
REMINDER – Faculty/Varsity Tennis Tournament is on Oct 30 beginning at 5:00 pm. All Varsity players must be at courts by 4:15pm.
POSTED OCT 2 10:35 am -
1). Parade tonight! See details on Sept 26. Be there =by 5:20pm
2). Tennis T shirt sales and money due to Coach Johnson on Wednesday, Oct 9, 4th period.
POSTED SEPT 26 12:00 PM-
THE HOMECOMING PARADE IS NEXT WEEK! * Wednesday, Oct. 2nd. Tennis will be in the parade and ALL players will wear their Dalmatian t shirt they decorated in class. Our Disney theme is 101 Dalmations. Players can wear their own black shorts or pants. If any of the kids want to wear face paint to look like a Dalmatian or make ears or, etc., they are welcome do so. You may see the Handouts section (media tab, then documents, then click on Parade Information and Map) for parade map route and details on the parade.
All tennis players are to meet and line-up on COWEN STREET (between Main Street and Purnell) by 5:20. Just look for all the kids with white shirts and Polka Dots!! All players are welcome to bring plenty of candy and your tennis racquet to carry. If you do bring candy, everyone is instructed to throw the candy away from the street into the sidewalk area to prevent young children from running close to the parade floats or vehicles.
POSTED SEPT 19 12:22pm: Please remember your TENNIS T SHIRT SALES. Deadline to turn in your sales and money is 4th period, Oct 9. They are really cute shirts so please do your best to sell them.
Varsity and JV1 Tennis scheduled posted in HANDOUTS.+
POSTED SEPT 17 10:47 AM:
- : THE FIRST UIL GRADE CHECK IS FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20 AT 3:30. IF YOU ARE FAILING ANY CLASS, YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY TENNIS. YOU HAVE 3 WEEKS UNTIL THE NEXT UIL GRADE CHECK, FRIDAY, OCT. 11, 3:30. IF YOU ARE FAILING A CLASS AT BOTH OF THESE GRADE CHECKS, YOU WIL BE MOVED IN TO ANOTHER CLASS.
POSTED SEPT 13 11:25am- (1). + Remember+ – sale your tennis t shirts for our Tennis Fundraiser to raise money for our tennis supplies. Everyone will turn in their t shirt order forms and money on Oct 9th, 4th period. Please take payment when they order. Cash or Checks. Checks made out to LHS TENNIS BOOSTER CLUB. (2). Don’t forget to get our grade checks completed and turned in to Coach Martinez on Monday.
*******. A copy of the grade check form is in the HANDOUTS section in case you lose the form we gave you.
POSTED SEPT 6 1:45pm- Tennis players walking with tennis in the homecoming parade must bring a white t shirt to tennis class no later than Friday, Sept 13. This t shirt will be painted on (FYI).
+ MIDDLE SCHOOL INFORMATION++
POSTED OCT 19 8:40PM
1) Grade sheets due on Monday
2) No Tennis Oct 22nd and Oct 23rd because on Middle School testing. All players go directly to your school in the morning on these days.
3) Reminder: DON’T FORGET – Middle School District Tennis Tournament is on Oct. 28th. It is Mandatory ALL players attend. More details will be posted on the website, this week , when information is received from the District Coordinator.
POSTED Oct 7 – 9:05 am -
1) RESCHEDULED DATE – T shirt sales order and money is due on Tuesday, Oct 15, not this Friday, because Friday is a half day for Lewisville High School and Middle School will not meet on this day and Monday is a holiday. We are encouraging all middle school tennis players to sale at least one shirt, minimum. Our fundraisers are how we pay for tennis racquets for our students to use, tennis balls, tennis nets, and all tennis equipment for practices and matches.
2). Middle School will go directly to their school on Friday, in the AM.
3) If a player failed a class last UIL grade check, they MUST be passing all classes on Friday. In Skyward it is (9T). If a player is failing a class at 9T in Skyward, they will be placed in to another class. If a player was passing all classes last grade check, they are good. If a student needs to be attending tutoring to pass classes, as always, I encourage them to attend.
4). Our next Middle School match is Wednesday at our Courts. against The Colony (they need to arrive at 7:10 am). Players should arrive dressed and ready to play.
POSTED OCT 4 9:05am – and Oct 7 9:05 am
1). Oct 9th middle school has a match at our Harmon Tennis Courts against The Colony (they need to arrive at 7:10 am)…
2). Friday Oct 11th is also the UIL grade check date for those that were failing a class last grade check. If you are passing all of your classes on this date, you are now eligible to play tennis. In Skyward, this is the 9T column. If not, unfortunately, you will be removed from the tennis program.
POSTED OCT 2 10:00 am -
1). MONDAYS ( 10/7) MIDDLE SCHOOL MATCH HAS BEEN CANCELLED. YOU WILL STILL HAVE PRACTICE AT OUR COURTS ON THIS DAY.
2). PARADE IS TODAY!!!! WEAR YOUR POLKA DOTTD T SHIRT AND BLACK BOTTOMS. BE THERE AT 5:20. SEE DETAIL ON THIS POSTED ON SEPT 26TH.
3). DEADLINE TO SALE T-SHIRTS – All Middle School players will turn in their orders and money on OCT 9th, 1st period.
POSTED SEPT. 26 10:15 am/12:00 PM: (lots of information!)
. *This Friday, in class players will be decorating their t shirt for the homecoming parade on Oct. 2 and practicing for their all day QUAD Tournament on Monday. Bring scissors if you have them.
. *Monday, Sept 30, Middle School Quad Tournament Details: All players will meet Coach Johnson and Coach Martinez at Harmon at 7:20 am to get on the bus. Please meet by Coach Johnsons office. The bus will be outside her office door. DOOR ENTRY 08. STUDENTS WILL NEED TO COME TO THIS OUTSIDE DOOR TO MEET COACHES AND GET ON THE BUS. The bus will take all players to the Flower Mound courts to play in the AM. We will then go eat (so bring some money or bring your lunch). After lunch, we will go to the Marcus Tennis Counts to play in the afternoon. The bus will take you to your school in time to catch the bus to go home.
**********PLEASE WEAR YOUR FARMER T SHIRT AND BLACK SHORTS. BRING SOME SNACKS FOR THE DAY AND YOU MUST BRING YOUR WATER JUG, FILLED WITH WATER. DON’S FORGET TO BRING MONEY TO EAT LUNCH OR BRING A SACK LUNCH.
8:30 AM – 11:00 AM: 1ST ROUND OF MATCHES
11:00 AM-12:15 PM: LUNCH BREAK
12:30 PM – 2:55 PM 2ND ROUND OF MATCHES
IT WILL BE A FUN DAY!
p=. HOMECOMING PARADE!
THE PARADE WILL STOP AT CITY HALL (SEE MAP). PLEASE MEET YOUR CHILD THERE OR GIVE THEM INSTRUCTIONS ON WHERE TO GO AFTER THE PARADE.
- * THE HOMECOMING PARADE IS NEXT WEEK! * Wednesday, Oct. 2nd. Tennis will be in the parade and ALL players will wear their Dalmatian t shirt they decorated in class. Our Disney theme is 101 Dalmations. Players can wear their own black shorts or pants. If any of the kids want to wear face paint to look like a Dalmatian or make ears or, etc., they are welcome do so. You may see the Handouts section (media tab, then documents, then click on Parade Information and Map) for parade map route and details on the parade.
All tennis players are to meet and line-up on COWEN STREET (between Main Street and Purnell) by 5:20. Just look for all the kids with white shirts and Polka Dots!! All players are welcome to bring plenty of candy and your tennis racquet to carry. If you do bring candy, everyone is instructed to throw the candy away from the street into the sidewalk area to prevent young children from running close to the parade floats or vehicles. THE PARADE WILL STOP AT CITY HALL (SEE MAP). PLEASE MEET YOUR CHILD THERE OR GIVE THEM INSTRUCTIONS ON WHERE TO GO AFTER THE PARADE.*
POSTED SEPT 24 9:12am: See you tomorrow at the Match! Please remember: Attendance to ALL matches are mandatory. Bring your grade check sheet to the match if you have not turned in. REMINDER: every day you do not turn in your grade check sheet, each week, you grade is affected.
POSTED SEPT 23 11:00am:
Tomorrow, Tuesday, 1st period- you will receive your FARMER TENNIS t shirt. You will wear your new t shirt and black shorts at your next match on Wednesday, 9/25. The match is at (home) at the LHS Harmon. Be at the courts by 7:10am.
********PLEASE NOTE********* The October 7 middle school match on your tennis schedule has been cancelled. Please make this change to your schedule.
POSTED SEPT. 21 6:17 pm:
*Reminder: Tennis Match against Marcus on Monday. Meet at 7:10. Match will be at Marcus’s court location. See Match addresses in Handouts for all tennis court location addresses. See Sept. 13 (below) post for details .
*Remember – Grade Check Sheets are due on Monday.
POSTED SEPT. 20 6:45 am: PLEASE REMEMBER… IN CASE OF RAIN, MIDDLE SCHOOL TENNIS WILL ALWAYS MEET INSIDE OF THE HARMON CAMPUS AT COACH JOHNSONS OFFICE. PLEASE COME IN MAIN ENTRANCE DOORS. COACH MARTINEZ WILL BE AT THE DOOR UNTIL 7:30 AM. TO TAKE YOU TO COACH JOHNSONS OFFICE -ROOM 408, BY THE GYM. IF YOU ARRIVE AFTER LATE, ASK A TEACHER WHERE COACH JOHNSONS OFFICE IS-ROOM 408.
POSTED SEPT 19 12:22pm: Please remember your TENNIS T SHIRT SALES. Deadline to turn in your sales and money is 1st period, Oct 9. They are really cute shirts so please do your best to sell them.
POSTED SEPT 17 10:47 AM:
- REMINDER: THE FIRST UIL GRADE CHECK IS FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20 AT 3:30. IF YOU ARE FAILING ANY CLASS, YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY TENNIS. YOU HAVE 3 WEEKS UNTIL THE NEXT UIL GRADE CHECK, FRIDAY, OCT. 11, 3:30. IF YOU ARE FAILING A CLASS AT BOTH OF THESE GRADE CHECKS, YOU WIL BE MOVED IN TO ANOTHER CLASS.
POSTED SEPT 13 11:24am –
1) REMINDER: Middle School Tennis Match is at Flower Mound High School on Monday, Sept 16. All players need to arrive by 7:10. See the handouts section for match addresses. (media tab, then handouts, then Match addresses). Players need to wear a shirt with their middle school name on it or a maroon or white plain t shirt with black shorts and bring their filled water jug and tennis racquet. If a player practices with our racquet, we will have one for you when you arrive to play your match. Also, remember your bus will take you to your 2nd period class on Monday. Practice over the weekend!
2) Players, remember to get your grade check sheets completely signed by all of your teachers to turn in to coach Martinez by 1st period Tuesday. ****A copy of the grade check form is in the HANDUTS section in case you lose the form we gave you.
3)+ Remember+ – sale your tennis t shirts for our Tennis fundraiser to raise money for our tennis supplies. Everyone will turn in their t shirt order forms and money on Oct 9th, 1st period. Please take payment when they order. Cash or Checks. Checks made out to LHS TENNIS BOOSTER CLUB.
Sept 10 2:16 pm –
WATCH VIDEOS BEFORE TOMORROW:
Match Play Doubles:
How to keep score videos:
(2) bring your white shirt by Friday if you are planning on walking in homecoming parade with tennis.
(3) reminder – your first match is on Monday. Your parent must drop you off at the Flower Mound Tennis courts by 7:10 am. See the handouts section for match addresses. (media tab, then handouts, then Match addresses). Players need to wear a shirt with their middle School name on it or a maroon or white plain t shirt. The Farmer Tennis shirts should be in by next Friday.
POSTED SEPT 6 1:45pm- (1) This week, All middle school players were given a hard copy of their tennis schedule for this fall. You can print another copy from the HANDOUTS section, if needed. (2) all Middle school students were given a FOAM BALL to practice what they have learned in tennis. This is theirs to practice tennis on-their-own on weekdays and weekends. We will not replace lost balls, but they can be purchased from Academy Sports. (3) The parent permission to travel form must be turned in to me by Monday. This is a Hard Deadline. (4) Tennis players walking with tennis in the homecoming parade must bring a white t shirt to class no later than Friday, Sept 13. This t shirt will be painted on (FYI).
POSTED SEPT 3 1:56 pm – Please sign the parent permission form your child was given in class today, to travel in the bus to tennis matches. Tis is to be returned to me this week.
POSTED Sept. 2 9:30 am – *Our Middle School Tennis Match Schedule is complete. See the handouts tab ( media tab, then documents) under Tennis Schedules and also see Match Addresses for physical addresses to matches. Parents will drop their child off at the match location no later than 7:10 am for each match.
ALL MATCHES WILL BE PLAYED DURING MIDDLE SCHOOLS 1ST PERIOD CLASS. BUSES WILL TAKE THEM TO THEIR SCHOOL FOR 2ND PERIOD.
*If you have not yet turned in your order sheet to order your Farmer Tennis t-shirt for matches, please do so by 1st period on Tuesday morning. Please mark what size you want and attach $12 for the shirt.
POSTED August 28 11:13 am – Coach Johnson sent home, with each player present in class today, a t shirt form that needs to be completed and given back to her by Monday. This is the t shirt that they will wear during their tennis matches. It is $12.00 . Please include a check or cash when the form is turned in to Coach Johnson.
POSTED AUG 27 8:55am- VERY IMPORTANT!! See below-
- This Friday, Sept 30th-1st period tennis class – Is the deadline to give me (hand deliver to me 1st period) your completed physical, if you have not already. If you are absent on Friday, Coach Johnson needs it prior to Friday. Unfortunately, you will need to go in to another class if Coach Johnson does not have it by this deadline.
1) Beginning September 2nd, Middle School Tennis begins at 7:30 am, not 8:00 am at Harmon tennis courts.
2) Beginning the week of Sept 1st, Tennis will not meet on Thursdays because of block schedules. Students will report directly to their school.
POSTED AUG 27- 5:30 am— MIDDLE SCHOOL TENNIS WILL MEET INSIDE OF THE HARMON CAMPUS TODAY BECAUSE OF WEATHER. PLEASE COME IN MAIN ENTRANCE DOORS NO LATER THAN 8:00AM. COACH MARTINEZ WILL MEET YOU AT THE DOOR AND TAKE YOU TO COACH JOHNSONS OFFICE -ROOM 408, BY THE GYM. IF YOU ARRIVE AFTER 8:05 AM , ASK A TEACHER WHERE COACH JOHNSONS OFFICE IS-ROOM 408.
*_+*Posted Aug 25, 2019*+_*: Beginning September 2nd, Middle School Tennis will begin at 7:30 am, instead of 8:00 am.
: 3- will be located at the LHS Harmon campus on Monday 8/19, 5-6pm. All players must have an updated Athletics physical. You will turn this in to Coach Johnson at tryouts. Per LISD policy, no player will be allowed to try out without a physical.
p=. MIDDLE SCHOOL players interested in signing-up to play tennis, 1st period, at your school:_
Middle School Tennis Class will begin on Friday, 8/23/19.. Please report to your school, the front office, for 1st period, until then and they will tell you where you need to go.
Middle School Parent Orientation- Monday, August 26th – 5-5:45pm*-Harmon Campus – Room 502- Front Entrance Doors- (Address: 1250 WEST ROUND GROVE ROAD, LEWISVILLE, TEXAS. 75077)
TENNIS CLASS IS HELD AT THE LHS HARMON CAMPUS. CLASS WILL BEGIN AT 8:00 AM. until the Tennis Season begins, then class willbegin at 7:30 am. ALL PLAYERS MUST BE DROPPED OFF +at the front entrance + AT THE HARMON CAMPUS BY THE TIME CLASS BEGINS EACH DAY (1250 WEST ROUND GROVE ROAD, LEWISVILLE, TEXAS. 75077). THERE WILL BE A SCHOOL BUS TO TRANSPORT PLAYERS TO THEIR MIDDLE SCHOOL CAMPUSES AFTER THE CLASS PERIOD TO ATTEND THEIR NEXT CLASS PERIOD.
MIDDLE SCHOOL TENNIS IS A COMPETITIVE ALL-YEAR-ROUND SPORT . WE PLAY APPROXIMATELY 8 MATCHES AGAINST OTHER MIDDLE SCHOOLS IN THE DISTRICT AS WELL AS 2-4 ALL DAY TOURNAMENTS THROUGHOUT THE SCHOOL YEAR. As soon as the district scheduled these matches fall and spring, Coach Johnson will put them on the website.
EVERYDAY, EACH STUDENT MUST BRING THEIR TENNIS RACQUET (IF THEY HAVE ONE), WATER, TOWEL, AND MUST WEAR A T SHIRT, SHORTS, SOCKS AND TENNIS SHOES (NOT SLIP-ONS OR KEDS).
During the school year, each player will need to purchase 1 Farmer Tennis Shirt ($10.00) and a Farmer Tennis Sweatshirt ($20.00) for game days. They can wear their own black shorts and black sweat pants with their shirts.
Please note: A VALID SPORTS PHYSICAL IS REQUIRED BEFORE YOUR FIRST DAY IN TENNIS CLASS, NO EXCEPTIONS. This is a LISD requirement.
IF YOU ARE NOT SIGNED -UP TO PLAY TENNIS AND WOULD LIKE TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY, PLEASE EMAIL ME (JOHNSONDR@LISD.NET) OR CONTACT YOUR COUNSELOR WITH ANY QUESTIONS. Your counselor will have paperwork and information for you to complete. Infomation on all the paperwork you need complete is also listed below.
NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME IS NECESSARY. IF YOU WANT TO LEARN TENNIS AND WORK HARD, WE WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO PLAY, WHILE HAVING FUN IN THE PROCESS.
If you received a physical at LHS this spring, you will still need to bring Coach Johnson a hard copy of your valid physical. LHS does not keep a copy of your physical anymore. Ask your middle school coach/pe for a hard copy and bring this to tennis class. If you recieved a physical last spring at the doctors, you will still need to get a copy from your doctor. Physicals last one calendar year.
If you are interested in donating drinks and snacks to our High School Tennis Players for Tournament days in the Fall and Spring, please bring to our Parent Orientation meeting on Monday- August 26th or you may send Coach Johnson an email to schedule a drop-off day or send it through one of our Tennis Players any time throughout the year. Thank you in advance.
ALL STUDENTS IN TENNIS:
Instructions on how to complete tennis forms, along with a physical, to play tennis:
Click on DEPARTMENT, then ATHLETICS.
You will need to Click on
(1) DOWNLOAD AND PRINT -to print out a physical form to take to your doctor to complete and
(2). ELECTRONIC FORMS, then ELECTRONIC PARTICIPATION FORMS (TO COMPLETE AND TURN IN TO COACH JOHNSON), You will need to select each form and fill out completely.
These forms are mandotory, through LISD, to be completed and turned-in, if you would like to participate in any sport.
******All Tennis Players must fully understand:
and must abide by those rules. A copy of these forms (Middle School and High School) can be found on the Media tab above/Documents section of this website to be signed and turned-in to Coach Johnson. A copy will also be given to students the first day of school, if needed.
(1). Please refer to the Media tab (above), then the documents tab for the UIL Eligibility Dates that each player must be passing all classes. These dates are very important because a student will lose eligibility to play Tennis if he/she is failing on any of these dates. A player is not allowed to fail classes two grade checks and stay in the Tennis Program.
(2). All Tennis Players (all classes) will be required to do weekly grade checks.
Grade Check Forms are on the website, click on Media (above), then documents, for you to print(or copy) each week and have your teachers sign to show you are passing each class each, week. This will start immediatley. Every Monday this form is due to Coach Johnson or Coach Martinez during class. Your form is to be completed and signed by each teacher . This will continue every week until off-season. Coach Johnson will give you a copy of the Form the beginning of class to make copies and copies will also be available on our Tennis Board in the hallway of Harmon. It is always your responsibility to get a copy and have it completed and turned in each Monday. (middle School will use two forms per week because they have more class periods)
Tennis Videos Below for your convenience:
Lesson 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA1PR2PLon4
Lesson 2 - Forehand Tennis Lesson:
Lesson 3 - Backhand Tennis Lesson:
A Doubles Match Video and A How To Keep Score Video is below.
You are learning the correct way to play doubles and how to keep score.
Doubles Match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ0sgdZEALk
Great website to watch for all level players. Its free. Watch and learn!
Coach Johnsons email address: email@example.com